1. The contents of this email are for the intended recipient only. Such contents and any attachment/s hereto, which are the property of the University of Johannesburg (“UJ”) may be confidential and subject to privilege.
2. No person, other than the recipient (so indicated by the sender) may use or disclose the contents of this message, links or attachments hereto, to any person whatsoever. Unauthorised disclosure and/or use may result in civil and criminal liability.
3. The information in this email, links or attachments thereto is intended for the attention and use of the addressee only if you are not the intended addressee/recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying or distribution of the contents of this email transmission or the taking of any action in reliance thereon or pursuant thereto, is strictly prohibited. Should you have received this email in error, please immediately discard this email without further dissemination hereof and notify the sender hereof.
4. The email address of the sender may not be used, copied, sold, disclosed, shared or incorporated into any database or mailing list for spamming and/or other online marketing practices without the prior consent of the sender and/or UJ.
5. E-mail transmissions could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message which arise as a result of email transmission. Under no circumstances shall UJ or the sender of this email be liable to any party for any direct, indirect, special or consequential damages, including, without limitation, any loss of profits, business interruption, loss of programs or other data on information handling systems or otherwise, even if UJ or the sender of this email have been expressly advised of the possibility of such damages.
6. It is recorded that this communication and any attached document hereto are sent without the intention of the UJ or any of its employees, students, service providers, to vary/cancel any existing agreement(s) between UJ and the recipient of this communication or the entity represented by the recipient. No warranties are made or implied that any employee and/or contractor of UJ is or was authorised to create and send this communication. It is furthermore confirmed and recorded that the author of this correspondence does not have the authority to vary/cancel any agreement between the UJ and the recipient of this communication or the entity represented by the recipient. As such neither this communication, nor any other communication from UJ or any of its employees, students, service providers, shall vary/cancel any agreement between the University of Johannesburg and any other contracting party unless such intent and purpose are expressly recorded in the communication, as well as the authority of the author to do so.
7. No email correspondence sent to UJ shall be deemed to have been received until UJ has responded thereto. An autoreply shall not constitute such “response” for purposes of this clause. Return email messages blocked by UJ’s virus detection and/or filtering applications shall not be deemed to have been received by UJ and/or the addressee.
8. UJ reserves the right to intercept, filter, view, block, delete, access, copy, read and act upon this email message and all email messages sent as reply messages to this email message or the address of the sender.
9. UJ retains the copyright in all email messages and attachments sent from its communications systems insofar as such content is original and subject to copyright. The recipient / addressee is hereby licensed to open and read the message and/or attachments only – all other rights are reserved unless so indicated by the sender and/or UJ.
10. The views and opinions expressed in this email message do not necessarily reflect the views and/or opinions of UJ If this email message is used for purposes unrelated to the official business of UJ, UJ shall not be liable for any damage, liability, infringement or loss caused by the contents of this message and the sender shall take full responsibility therefore in his/her sole and personal capacity.
11. Subject to urgent and interim relief, all disputes and/or disagreements and/or damages and/or liabilities, in any manner related to the:
11.1. Interpretation, validity, access to and enforceability of this email legal notice;
11.2 Content (including message headers, links and/or attachments) of this email message;
11.3 The time and place this email was sent and/or delivered; and/or
11.4 The identity of the sender, shall be referred to urgent and confidential arbitration in terms of the expedited arbitration rules of the Arbitration Foundation of Southern Africa and such arbitration shall be conducted in Johannesburg in English.
12. The law of South Africa shall govern this email message and legal notice.
13. Information disclosures required by law:
FULL NAME: UNIVERSITY OF JOHANNESBURG
VAT NUMBER: 4900127681
POSTAL ADDRESS: PO BOX 524, AUCKLAND PARK, 2006, SOUTH AFRICA
STREET ADDRESS: c/o UNIVERSITY & KINGSWAY, AUCKLAND PARK,
TELEPHONE: 011 559 4894
14. This email legal notice shall at all times take precedence over any other email disclaimer(s) attached to return emails addressed to any person with an UJ email account.
Date Published: 20150801